Medicare Supplement Plan N insurance coverage can help fill in the gaps left behind with Original Medicare.
While Medicare health insurance covers a good portion of necessary medical treatment, there are some services that are not fully covered plan.
Other expenses that must be paid when using Medicare include deductibles, co-pays, and coinsurance.
Below we’ll discuss Medicare Supplement Plan N details including coverage, benefits and deductible as well as compare it to other plan options.
Medicare Supplement Plan N Details
Medicare Supplement Plan N benefits help cover some of the expenses not paid through Medicare health insurance coverage.
While Plan N may not offer the fullest coverage of the all of the 10 Medicare Supplement plans that are available, Plan N can cost less than others for the insurance policy.
Depending on the needs of the insured, the cost of the plan balanced with the covered benefits can save money through the course of the policy.
Medicare Supplement Plan N Coverage
- Hospitalization Deductible
- Medicare Supplement Plan N coverage includes the hospitalization deductible for Medicare Part A. Medicare will cover hospitalization for the first 60 days. After that you’re supplement insurance will kick in for an additional 365 days.
- Skilled Nursing Facility
- It also covers Medicare-approved stays in a skilled nursing facility. Medigap Plan N supplemental coverage will pay the remaining costs not covered by Medicare percentage coverage through 100 days.
- Hospice Care
- Hospice care is covered too, with Medicare Part N plans picking up the cost of the small co-payment or coinsurance amount that is required by Medicare.
- Home Healthcare
- Plan N extends to home health care as well. However, this coverage does not kick in to cover these costs until your Medicare Part B deductible has been paid.
- First 3 Pints of Blood
- Plan N provides coverage for the first three pints of blood needed that are not covered by Medicare.
- Foreign Travel
- In addition, it will cover 80% of any emergency care needed within the first 60 days of foreign travel. Up to a certain amount during an insured’s lifetime, once the annual copay has been met.
Medicare Supplement Plan N Copays
Plan N fills in a lot of the gaps left with Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B insurance.
However, there are some medical expenses that are not paid. Medicare Part N does not pay the Medicare Part B deductible.
This plan requires the patient to pay a small deductible for physician visits and emergency room visits.
In addition, Plan N insurance does not cover Medicare Part B excess charges that a doctor may charge a patient beyond the cost that Medicare has approved for the treatment.
Medicare Supplement Plan N copays include up to $20 for some office visits as well as up to a $50 co-payment for emergency room that visits that don’t result in an inpatient admission.
This plan will pay 100% of your Part B coinsurance, minus the above co-pays.
Medicare Supplement Plan N vs Plan F
Many Medicare beneficiaries compare Medicare Supplement Plan N v. Plan F when looking for the most popular plan.
Plan F has the most comprehensive coverage benefits out of all the plans, but also cost the most depending on your location.
Medicare Supplement Plan N rates are lower. This is because the plan does not cover your Medicare Part B deductible or excess charges. Plan F does cover this.
Medicare Supplement Plan N vs Plan G
When you compare Medicare Supplement Plan N vs Plan G outline of coverage, you’ll see that the only coverage difference is Plan G will cover any Part B excess charges. Plan N does not.
Compare Medicare Supplement Plan N Reviews and Rates
It’s important to factor in the cost of the plan and potential benefits that plan provides.
The cost savings offered by cost-sharing plans may be attractive for those who are trying to save money.
Other plans, such as Plan G or Part F Medicare, may cost a little more per month.
However, they pay more benefits in the long run for a better value for the money.
Medicare Supplemental Insurance Online Quotes
If you’re looking for more information, call our Medicare agents now.
Information that is provided is free of charge and there is no obligation.
We also offer answers to the most frequent questions Medicare beneficiaries have on our FAQs.
To get rates now and compare Medicare Supplemental insurance online quotes with the top carriers, complete our supplement form here.