I saved $753 a year by comparing rates with MedicareFAQ! My wife will be turning 65 next year, they will have her business as well as our family and friends.
It’s Free and No Obligation!
OUR TRUSTED CARRIERS
Get rates from these carriers and MANY MORE
- Testimonial – Tom R.
I have been on Medicare for 13 years now, I have dealt with over 7 agents. With MedicareFAQ I have found my home! I can shop each year to ensure I have the best plan and the most affordable rates. MedicareFAQ has my blessing and now over 15 of my family and friends.Testimonial – Becca J.
Not often can you find all the information you need on one site, MedicareFAQ does it all. You can learn about the different types of plans, shop from the best carriers & MedicareFAQ has Medicare agents available to answers your questions. They are your ONE STOP SHOP, not many can say this. Thank youTestimonial – David E.
Fast & Easy!! Compared over 30 carriers in just a few minutes with MedicareFAQ. Surprisingly I DIDN’T get 5 different agents calling me to try and push a specific carrier. I couldn’t have been happier, learned what I needed to know and got all the rates in my state.Testimonial – Pam T.
Whether you’re new to Medicare, getting ready to sign up for Medicare or you have had Medicare, we try and make this very complex process as easy as possible. Instead of calling each carrier one by one, we give you access to the most affordable plans in your area from the nations most recognized insurance carriers all in one place. Its 100% free and the is absolutely no obligation to sign up.
Selecting your Medical coverage should be a simple and easy process, but unfortunately in most cases its not. We help simplify this process for you, by filling out the form on this page you will receive a rate comparison from the most affordable carriers in your area. Again, this is 100% free and there is no obligation to sign up.
By selecting “View Rates”, you provide your signature expressly consenting that Inside Response and its partner companies, including Elite Insurance Partners, SelectQuote, HealthMarkets, HPO, Medicare Solutions, Allied Insurance, and United Medicare can contact you at the information provided – potentially via an automated dialing system or automated text message – regarding Medicare Advantage, Part D, Medicare Supplement, or other insurance plans. Your telephone company may impose additional charges for messages. Your consent is not a condition of purchase and you may revoke your consent at any time.
Anthem Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap)
Anthem Medicare Supplement Plans
Supplements have been designed to fill in the “gaps” that don’t get covered by Part A and Part B of Original Medicare such as coinsurance, deductibles, and co-payments. These plans are standardized, so regardless if you go with an Anthem Medicare Supplement plan or with another carrier, you’ll receive the same coverage. The plans are ten in total and are denoted by letters A to N. Note that plans H, I, E, and J aren’t sold anymore. All carriers offering these plans don’t have to offer each and every, however, Plan A must always be offered. Remember that some names might sound familiar like Medicare Part A or B, but they aren’t the same as Medigap Plan A or Plan B.
Basic Plan Benefits
- Medicare Part A coinsurance costs totaling to more 365 days after the benefits are exhausted
- Medicare Part A hospital care co-payments or coinsurance
- Medicare Part B co-payments or coinsurance
- First three blood pints used during a medical procedure
Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement Plan F
What does Anthem Plan F cover?
- Medicare Part A deductibles
- Medicare Part B deductibles
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) care coinsurance
- Foreign travel emergency care
- Part B excess charges
- Part B precautionary care coinsurance
Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement Plan F High Deductible
Both the regular Plan F and Plan F High Deductible have the same exact coverage, the difference is the out of pocket costs for your deductibles, coinsurance and co-payments. Regular Plan F covers these, the High Deductible version doesn’t. You can read more about High Deductible Plan F here.
Anthem Medicare Supplement Plan G
Anthem Medicare Supplement Plan G includes all the same benefits as Plan F minus your Part B excess charges that you might incur from a doctors visit. This plan is the second most common plan, the premium is lower and still includes a lot of benefits. It does include coverage for foreign travel and Medicare preventive care Part B coinsurance.
Anthem Medicare Supplement Plan N
Anthem Medicare Supplement Plan N is the third most common supplement plan because it cost a little less than Plan G since it doesn’t cover your Part B deductible or excess charges. It does have a small co-payment for emergency room visits and some regular office visits.
Anthem Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans Enrollment and Eligibility
To qualify for Anthem Medicare Supplemental insurance plans, you need to be enrolled in Medicare Part A as well as Medicare Part B. The ideal time for enrolling for any of the plans is during Open Enrollment Periods for these plans. This period starts on the first day of the month you turn 65 and register in Part B, this phase only lasts for six months.
During this time, you’ll have a guaranteed-issue right to enroll in the available plans at your locality. No insurer will deny you the coverage based on pre-existing conditions, but a waiting period can apply. In the event you fail to enroll during the six months, you can be denied coverage or end up paying higher premiums for your plans depending on your medical history.
Anthem Medicare Supplement Rates
Anthem Medicare Supplement rates depend on my factors. Although the law requires that the insurance companies provide the same benefits for all the lettered plans, the premium rates for the plans are not the same. This is the main reason the experts advise consumers to shop around to search for a plan that can suit their needs.
Some of the criteria carriers use to price the premiums are:
- Issue-age-rated – the plans base their premiums on your age during the time you registered for the policy. The younger you were when registering, the lower the premium will be
- Community no-age-rated – here the premium charges are the same, regardless of the age
- Attained-age-rated – just like in issue-age rated, these policies base their premiums on your age when you bought the plan. However, the premium rates increase as you age
Remember that despite the rating method we decide to use, the premiums can increase over time as a result of certain reasons like inflation. These rates are also different for each state, Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplements in California won’t cost the same as Medicare Supplements in Virginia.
Essentials You Should Know
Policies differ from the Medicare Advantage Plans. Those plans offer you Medicare benefits, but the supplement plan complements Original Medicare benefits. Below are some facts about the plans you should note:
- It’s a must for you to have Original Medicare coverage (Part A and B).
- You’ll be required to pay your insurer monthly premiums for your plan, including the Part B monthly premium you pay to Medicare.
- The plans are designed to cover only one person. In case you and your partner/spouse both need coverage, you’ll have to purchase separate policies.
- You can purchase a plan from any private insurance company as long as the company is licensed to sell those plans in that state.
- All standardized policies are renewable no matter what your health condition is. Your insurer can’t cancel the plan unless you aren’t paying the premium.
- Initially, some plans covered prescription drugs, but today, this is not allowed. In case you require prescription drug coverage, you’ll need to register for the Medicare Prescription Drug policy (Medicare Part D).
- It’s illegal to get a supplement plan if you already have a Medicare Medical Savings Account plan.
Anthem Medicare Supplement Application Form Online
To review rates for an Anthem Medicare Supplement plan and compare other rates with top carriers in your area, complete our online rates form here. Once complete, one of our licensed agents will contact you with the most current rates in your area based off the information provided, including Anthem Medicare Supplement quotes. If you rather speak to an agent now, please don’t hesitate to call the number provided above. Make sure to ask about Anthem Medicare Supplement reviews.
Don’t forget to check out all our FAQ pages to educate yourself and find answers to the most common questions. Want to see our agents in action? Then take a look at our video gallery where our agents discuss the differences between the plans. To be notified of any recent news or changes make sure to like our Facebook page.