What are the Top Medicare Supplement Plans for 2017

The top Medicare Supplement plans for 2017 are Plan F, Plan G & Plan N. There’s so many important factors to consider when choosing a plan. That’s why it’s important to educate yourself prior to enrolling.

Below, we’ll provide you with a plan comparison of the top Medicare Supplement plans.

Top Medicare Supplement Plans for 2017

Supplement plans are standardized in almost all states across the nation. Thus, providing the same benefits regardless of whom you purchase the plan from.

The basic policy benefits are standardized by the government and must be included in all letter plans.

Medicare Supplement Plans for 2017

Basic Policy Benefits:

  • Medicare limits the amount of days they’ll cover if you become hospitalized. All supplement policies will provide you hospital coverage for up to an additional 365 days after you’ve reached that limit.
  • Medicare medical insurance, Part B, requires additional out of pocket costs such as copayments and coinsurance. All supplemental plans will cover these out of pocket costs.
  • If you need blood for a medical procedure, Medicare won’t pay for the first 3 pints. All Med Supps will cover this cost that’s left up to beneficiary to pay.
  • If you ever need hospice care, Medicare limits your coverage for outpatient drugs and inpatient respite care. Your supplemental Medicare insurance plan will cover these out of pocket costs.
  • If you need additional tests that are not included under your Medicare Part B preventive services, you’ll be responsible to pay the required 20% coinsurance. Your MedSupp plan will pay the coinsurance for you.

Medicare Supplement Plan F 2017

Medicare Supplement Plan F for 2017 is one of the top policies because it includes coverage for all the benefits listed on the plan chart. Aside from the basic core policy benefits, it also covers:

  • The coinsurance you’re required to pay after you’ve been in a Skilled Nursing Facility for more than 20 days. After 20 days, you’re responsible for $167.50 per day, up to 100 days. After 100 days, you’re responsible for all the costs. Plan F will pay 100% of the above coinsurance required after the 20th day, and will continue to pay it every day after.
  • The deductible for Medicare Part A, which in 2018 is $1,340.
  • The deductible for Medicare Part B, which in 2018 is $183.
  • 100% of any Medicare Part B excess charges
  • Any medically necessary foreign travel emergency care services that begin during the first 60 days you leave the country. You’re still responsible for the first $250 of each calendar year. After you pay that, your supplement policy will pay 80% to a lifetime maximum benefit of $50,000. You’re responsible for the remaining 20%, as well as any amount over the $50,000 lifetime maximum.

Medicare Supplement Plan G 2017

Medicare Supplement Plan G for 2017 is one of the top policies because it’s the only other policy, aside from Plan F, that will cover any Medicare Part B excess charges. It includes all the core policy benefits and all the benefits found on Plan F, except for one.

The only benefit not covered is your Medicare Part B deductible of $183. Because it doesn’t cover that deductible, the premiums are found to be more affordable for some Medicare recipients.

Medicare Supplement Plan N 2017

Medicare Supplement Plan N for 2017 is considered a top plan because it saves you money monthly on the premium, without losing a lot of benefits.

By law, it includes all of the core policy benefits listed above. Also included is coverage for any Skilled Nursing Facility care coinsurance that’s required after 20 days, foreign travel emergency care coverage and coverage for Medicare Part A deductible.

The difference between Plan N and the other top plans is that it doesn’t include coverage for your Medicare Part B deductible or any Medicare Part B excess charges.

Since it includes one less benefit compared to Plan G, some Medicare recipients find it to be more affordable for them.

Also, Plan N will pay 100% of any Part B coinsurance, but calls for a copayment of up to $20 for some office visits. It also has a copayment of up to $50 for emergency room visits that don’t result in an inpatient admission.

Compare the Top Medicare Supplement Plans for 2017 Online

If you prefer to speak to an agent directly, that’s no problem at all! Simply dial the number above and you’ll be introduced to a licensed agent in your state that can help you compare rates.

Click here to compare the top Medicare Supplement plans for 2017 online! Once you complete our rate form, an agent will find the current rates in your area that are tailored to your specific information including location, age & gender.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

0 Comments
Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

clear formSubmit